Forums & Conferences
Victoria Walks hosts events that promote ways for urban professionals to support walkability.
In March/April each year, we collaborate with the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) to host the Smart Urban Futures conference on liveable, walkable, sustainable communities.
The next conference will be held in Melbourne on 29 and 30 April 2020.
Keynote speakers include:
- Lucy Saunders, Director, Healthy Streets, UK.Healthy Streets is the framework of London's Transport Strategy, a pillar of the London Plan and part of all the Mayor’s statutory strategies.
- Dale Bracewell, Manager of Transportation Planning, City of Vancouver, Canada. Dale leads transport planning in one of the leading cities for integrated land use and transport planning in North America.
- Robyn Seymour, Deputy Secretary Network Planning, Department of Transport and Head of Road Safety Victoria. Robyn leads the Department's transport planning and programs to reduce the road toll.
- Ludo Campbell-Reid, Director City Design and Liveability, Wyndham City Council. Recently appointed at Wyndham, Ludo was previously General Manager of the Design Office at Auckland Council and the Founding CEO of Urban Design London (UDL).
- Kristen Hilton, Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner.
Previous Victoria Walks events
- Smart Urban Futures conference 2019
- Active Travel to school workshop
- Smart Urban Futures Conference 2018
- Smart Urban Futures Conference 2017
- Smart Urban Futures Conference and related events, March 2016
- Walking Tall - getting children on their feet, 2015
- Smart Urban Futures Conference 2015
- Smart Urban Futures Conference 2014