Looking for dog-friendly walks?
JOIN our new Victoria Walks' dog walk group page on Facebook to get information about new dog-walking maps and to get tips from other Melbourne and Victorian dog-lovers.
Some on-leash green walks we have mapped for you in Melbourne:
- Jells Park walk (note: dogs not allowed in the conservation area)
- Yarra Bend Park walk
- Carlton-Parkville scenic walk (includes leash-free areas of Princes and Royal parks)
- Altona Dog beach walk (includes off-leash)
- Gloucester Reserve, Williamstown (dogs not permitted in Jawbone Marine Reserve section)
Walks outside Melbourne:
- You Yangs East West walk
- Kurth Kiln walk, Gembrook
- McCrae dog-friendly beach walk (includes an off-leash beach)
- Safety Beach dog walk, Mornington Peninsula (includes a leash-free beach)
Do you prefer walks around your neighbourhood, or walks further afield?
You might find these sites helpful:
- Walking Maps (tick the dog off-leash option for maps with off-leash areas)
- Dog-friendly walks in Victoria
- Dog-friendly walking trails in Victoria
- Dog-friendly hikes in Victoria
- Dog-friendly parks and walks in Melbourne
- Dog-friendly walking tracks in the Dandenongs
- Dog-friendly parks (Parks Victoria)
- Melbourne's 10 best dog parks and beaches
Of course, it goes without saying that you and your pooch will need to share these spaces with other walkers. So please follow basic rules:
- Ensure your dog is on a lead, unless otherwise specified.
- Control your dog, especially around children and busy areas.
- Pick up your dog's poop.
- Check your local government website for information about off-leash areas.