Applying for Walk to School grant?
Make sure you meet VicHealth's Funding Guidelines by using the resources listed below. They are easily adapted to suit your local school communities.
Deliver local initiatives to support ongoing active travel by primary school aged children
- Ongoing activities post-October with relevance to your local area context, strengths, issues, and needs
- Initiatives that encourage year-round walking, riding or scooting to and from school
- Primary School Incursion program
- Curriculum resources:
- Smart Steps Count - pedometer activity booklet.
- Class Walkability Project - help students understand, assess and improve walkability around their school.
- Walks Around My School Project - fun activity for students to map walks around their school.
- Walk Together Group - ideas to support children to walk to school with friends and other local families.
Other useful resources
- Smart Steps for Schools: curriculum matched resources supporting school communities to improve walking and walkability
- Smart Steps for Families: practical ‘how to’ guides for parents to support children to walk to school and in their neighbourhood.
- Smart Steps for Councils: online information toolkit for promoting walking and walkability across the full range of council activities