We are hiring!28 Feb 2018
We are offering an exciting opportunity to make a difference and join Victoria Walks, the primary Australian organisation leading the move to walkable communities.
This is a diverse role offering an opportunity to broaden your skills while operating at the cutting edge of policy development as it relates to walkable communities.
This part-time position will:
- Promote walking and walkability.
- Write submissions, influence policy development/ changes, participate in working groups, develop resources, case studies, reports and research to support the creation of walkable environments.
- Support development of organisational leadership capacity relating to walking and walkability.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in sustainable transport, urban planning, urban design, traffic engineering or a related field.
- High level of knowledge of pedestrian-oriented urban design or the development and implementation of sustainable transport or development strategies and initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in some of the following: policy development, advocacy campaigns, urban design, road safety, research and data analysis, and travel behaviour change.
- Highly-developed written communication skills, with the ability to write concisely and persuasively for a variety of formats and audiences.
- Strong personal communication skills with the capacity to influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders, including across government, non-government and business sectors, members of the public and colleagues.
- Experience working in a local government or consultancy setting is desirable.
- Highly confident using internet and Microsoft Office and providing content for communications, including on-line applications.
This is a part time, maximum term position of 12 months working 19 hours per week. Salary will be in the range of $69,851.60 - $75,423.92 (pro rata $34,925.80 - $37,711.96) per annum. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and statement addressing the Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience outlined in the Position Description.
Contact Ben Rossiter 03 96623975 or 0425805578.
Email written applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Advisor application.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 21 March.